The camping sites near Mumbai offer the finest getaway from daily life because they are away from the city’s stressful life. As you will be resting under the sky and figuring out your place in the world, camping around Mumbai can prove to be an enjoyable experience.
Additionally, the closeness to some of the most popular picnic and weekend destinations near Mumbai makes camping in Mumbai a thrilling experience. You can gather your tents, grab some food and Enjoy a memorable camping trip in the wilderness, on a hill, or even on a lake.
Some of the top 3 sites for camping close to Mumbai are listed below:
Pawna Lake Camping
About the Lake
Camping in Pawna Lake is the ideal choice for a single picnic. It’s close to the highland station of Lonavala. It’s far from Mumbai around 120 km(Before beginning your trip, please validate this distance.) The majority of the camping is water-touched because the entire area is bordered by Pawna Lake.
You will have the greatest experience there if you appreciate taking on new challenges and playing in the water. Prepare yourself for the ideal experience you’ve been seeking ever since setting off on this thrilling excursion.
How to Get There
Mumbai to Lonavala by rail is the fastest mode of conveyance. You may also use a taxi or cab service. Or take the bus.
- By car: The activity’s location is 31.8 kilometers from the heart of Lonavala. By automobile, it takes around an hour to get there.
- By Train: The campground is located near Pawna Lake, only 30 km from Lonavala Railway station. From the relevant train station and bus stop in Lonavala and Kamshet, local transportation is conveniently accessible.
Things to Do
- Arrive at the campsite, which is a short 15-20 steps from the picturesque Pawna Lake.
- Participate in the different indoor and outdoor activities during your free time.
- Additionally, you can take a tour of some of the adjacent famous locations, such as Lohagad Fort, Tikona Fort, Tung Fort, and Visapur Fort.
- End the evening with an unlimited vegetarian and meatless dinner before retiring to your cozy tents.
Alibaug Beach Camping
When you go camping in Alibaug, let the breathtaking sights of the sun setting over the water soothe your spirit and body. Enjoy a natural getaway in an isolated section of the beach.
Enjoy a fun-filled seaside camping adventure while Alibaug beach’s beauty calms your thoughts. Stay in campsites that are pleasant, clean, and safe, and provide a stunning view of the beach and the enormous Arabian Sea.
How to Get There
From Mumbai’s Gateway of India to Mandwa jetty, take a ferry boat. You may get a bus to Alibaug from the Mandwa jetty. You can take a rickshaw right to the campsite from Alibaug.
You can also hire private cabs or taxis as per your convenience.
Things to Do
- You can go swimming in the sea’s glistening water.
- Play some engaging and leisurely beach games as well as some enjoyable indoor and outdoor activities.
- To get the most out of the evening, spend it with a bonfire session and some soft music.
- Mouthwatering Veg/Non-Veg BBQ snacks, Veg/Non-Veg Dinner, and breakfast will satisfy your appetite.
- After supper, enjoy a spectacular open-air movie screening with projectors and speakers.
- To make it the ideal weekend vacation, take advantage of live music performances every weekend.
For those seeking thrill amidst lush natural retreats, the Kundalika Rafting Camp is perfect! Being only a few hours’ drive from Mumbai, it is the preferred hub for all adventure addicts. Take part in a range of activities around the campsite to motivate yourself. There are two or three shared camps with comfortable tents accessible. Enjoy this perfect getaway from the routine of daily life by resting.
How to get there
Driving to Kolad in your own vehicle or renting one is the best option when you are short on time. The journey to Kolad is fantastic and full of mountainous landscapes with waterfalls, ponds, lakes, and lush vegetation.
There are two daily direct passenger train(s) that leave Mumbai for Kolad. From Mumbai to Ratnagiri, State Transport buses are readily available. From Kolad to reach Kundalika rafting camp hire a cab or taxi. It’s just a distance of about 14km.
Things to Do
- Once you reach to the campsite, establish your own camps.
- The campground is situated in a soothing and pleasant environment and is encircled by a thick forest.
- Stay in cozy double or triple-sharing tents equipped with mattresses, pillows, and blankets, as well as shared restrooms, at the campsite.
- Depending on the option you choose, get in on the fun-filled activities like river rafting, boating, bumpers rides, river crossings, and banana boat rides.
- By giving an additional fee you can participate in bungee jumping also.
- Have a good time with your loved ones while sitting around a warm bonfire.
- Delicious breakfast, lunch, supper, and nighttime snacks are all included in the plan.
- Leave the camps and come home with a bag full of wonderful happy moments.
Checkout: More Awesome Content