Vitamin and mineral-rich food are referred to as Protective Food. These are necessary for our health and we should include their required amount in our daily diet. You can get these micronutrients from vegetables especially green leafy ones and from fruits. We will share all the protective foods examples later in this article along with other details so stay connected with us till the end!
Research proved that consuming sufficient amounts of Protective Food (fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole grains, and fish) is linked to more avoidable deaths than any other health risk. The consumption of protective foods help in lowering the risk of diseases like diabetes, some types of cancer, and heart disease.
You will get different vitamins, and minerals from different food sources and they play different roles in maintaining your health. So it is necessary that you set your daily diet in a way that you can get most of them and stay healthy. Protective Food not only provides us with the carbs, fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals that keep us healthy and fit but also shields our bodies from bacteria and other pathogens.
What are Protective Food?
Protective Food are those that provide us with vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats, and carbohydrates so that our body can fight germs and bacteria. These can be divided into two categories: Vegetarian (these products are those that come from plants and trees like fruits and vegetables) and non-vegetarian foods (obtained from animals like meat and meat products, turkey, chicken, fish, etc.).
Protective Food provides you with the required energy so you can do your day-to-day tasks effectively and efficiently. They also help in your growth & development and maintain your muscles, bones, and teeth so that you can stay fit and healthy. Protective foods are essential for us since, no matter how wealthy you are, having good health is essential to enjoying life.
Benefits of Protective Food:
We already told you about some of the advantages of adding Protective Food to your diet. We will enlighten you more about its benefits in this heading. Read the details below:
- Protective Food contains beneficial substances that can combat free radicals in the body.
- They will reduce the risk of developing serious diseases as free radicals cause harm to the cells and play a role in the emergence of serious diseases.
- Your chances of developing cancer, heart disease, and type 2 diabetes can be decreased by eating Protective Food.
- They help you in keep moving and create fresh tissues and cells to promote your growth.
- They will help you in maintaining your health and assist others.
- You would be able to easily combat and prevent illnesses.
- Your organs will be protected and keep performing their functions.
- Protective Food are best for weight loss and healthy weight maintenance due to their nutritional characteristics.
Why should you take Protective Food?
As we have mentioned before they contain vitamins and minerals but do you know how minerals help us? If not then keep reading. Basically, Minerals are divided into two categories: macrominerals and micro minerals or trace minerals. Our bodies contain ions of minerals that are capable of carrying electrical charges.
Minerals assist in transmitting and maintaining fluid balance, they also help in transmitting nerve impulses, and causing muscular contraction. The body’s ability to absorb minerals is influenced by a variety of factors, one of which is the availability of specific compounds in food. These substances are not absorbed because they combine with the minerals to generate insoluble salts.
Similarly, vitamins also play an important role in maintaining your health. Based on whether they dissolve in water or fat, they are split into two major classes: Water-soluble and Fat-soluble vitamins. Vitamin A, D, E, and K are Water soluble vitamins and Vitamin C, B1, B2, B3, B6, and vitamin B complex are Fat-soluble vitamins.
Vitamins help your body in releasing energy from the energy nutrients through energy metabolism, red blood cell production, and Anti-oxidation. Animal foods, fruits and vegetables, grains, and legumes are where you’ll find the majority of your water-soluble vitamins and Fat-soluble vitamins are present in fatty foods.
Some Protective foods examples:
As we have mentioned above that you must add protective food to your daily diet but if you have no idea about the foods should you include, you can check some Protective foods examples below:
- Ancient grains.
- Nuts and seeds.
- Tropical fruits.
- Sweet potatoes.
- Alfalfa sprouts.
- Cruciferous vegetables.
- Organ Meats.
- Bell peppers.
What are the Functions of Protective Food?
In addition to the details of Protective Food, we will share some important functions of vitamins, proteins, and minerals that protective food contain so let’s begin:
- The calcium, and vitamin D in protective Food help to maintain strong, healthy bones and ward off conditions like rickets and osteoporosis.
- They Enhance immunity and eyesight. Infertility, night blindness, and skin inflammation can all be symptoms if you don’t add such foods to your diet.
- They help you in the proper functioning of your neurological system. If you don’t include them in your diet, your peripheral nervous system could be impacted by beriberi.
- Protective Food help in faster Iron absorption, collagen formation, and healing.
- They help in making Hemoglobin, which distributes oxygen to various body areas.
- They are necessary for your heart and muscles to operate properly. Muscle cramps, palpitations, and numbness might be symptoms of their deficiency.
In the beginning, we asked the question that what are protective food and after reading this article, we hope that now you understand the answer to this question. We have given every detail regarding their importance and benefits.
You can share this information with your friends to help them in staying fit and healthy. You can also comment below to share your thoughts with us.
Visit Here blindsmagazine.com also for more blogs